What has changed?

"Your rules are bad and you should feel bad!"
Plot

What has changed?

Post by Plot » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:54 am

Feel free to comment below. The following is a summary and you're more than welcome to read the topics and more full explanations in their individual threads.

NPCs get a great benefits package.

Character creation: New Characters begin play with 40 Karma. Player characters whom this has affected will be brought up to speed and given a free rewrite.

Think you know the rules eh? Well, now there's a reward for it.

On the topics of Karma and Rads, not much. Except that players may now spend NPC Karma on Rads with a 1 to 1 ratio. The idea is to allow folks whom volunteer their time to unlock cool stuff sooner.

Trolls -the race in the game not folks on the Internet (per se)- remain Big Targets. However Big Target now means they purchase Dodge at +5 Karma.

Airsoft vs Foam darts: We're remaining an airsoft Larp that also uses foam dart weapons.

Fixers are more fixier. Via a purchasable niche skill that allows them to get components when breaking things down. Also, items they create last 50% longer.

Stealing ICly is going to be more fully fleshed out, in fact, those rules will be posted and effective immediately by February 20th at 2300 on Facebook, in the wiki, and here in the forums. They will also be added to the rulebook.

Item Expiration, items now expire on a yearly basis instead of game uses.

Skills
Marksmanship will be simplified to its associated weapon skill.

Trick Shot will cost 1 less and have the prerequisite of only a single buy of Marksmanship of type per buy.

Layered Armor will be worded better. The flavor text of "wear two sets of armor" was not meant to be literal.
Layered armor was meant to allow PCs to benefit more from the armor they wear or, yes, wear a second suit and alternate which suit breeches etcetera.

Jay Belarpin

Re: What has changed?

Post by Jay Belarpin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Plot wrote: Think you know the rules eh? Well, now there's a reward for it.
I must have missed how we are handling the reward for this.
As all of this happened, Bill poured a drink.

Plot

Post by Plot » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Jay Belarpin wrote:

It's the quiz. ^_^

Jay Belarpin

Post by Jay Belarpin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Plot wrote:
Jay Belarpin wrote:

It's the quiz. ^_^
The quiz is the reward? O.O

Plot

Post by Plot » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Yup! Knowing you passed an optional quiz is its own reward. Nevermind the 3 Karma a 100% score gives you. You may try it once per event you attend but can only gain the benefits once each.

At least 90% 1 Karma reward

100% 2 Karma reward

jazzman831

Post by jazzman831 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 am

Jay, this was posted on the new player quiz thread two weeks ago, but I didn't notice until yesterday. I noticed there were a couple of other posts I had missed as well. I think when there's a post to a closed thread the system doesn't send out a notification, even if your are subscribed.
-Jebediah the Proud

Jay Belarpin

Post by Jay Belarpin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:26 am

jazzman831 wrote:I think when there's a post to a closed thread the system doesn't send out a notification, even if your are subscribed.
That seems to be the case. It also got marked as read thanks to another issue. At any rate I have extracted the answer from Neight with minimal tomfoolery.