Ander's Arcane Archive

The in-game area where you can get your RP on.
Jay Belarpin

Ander's Arcane Archive

Post by Jay Belarpin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:19 pm

What was once a sizable kitchen has been converted into a makeshift library. Most of the shelves are metal and span the width of the room. In a corner near the entrance is an old wooden card catalog. Atop the catalog sits a tarnished silver service bell and a small sign saying 'All attendants are busy, please ring for service'. Strangely the bell, when pressed, remains stubbornly silent. Near the back is a locked door that, according to the sign, leads to a restroom. A doodle covered chalkboard sits before a ratty green and yellow rug, clearly used to teach... something. The rooms smells lemony fresh despite the old food stains on the walls.

A low quality map:
As all of this happened, Bill poured a drink.

Lou

Re: Ander's Arcane Archive

Post by Lou » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:58 pm

Lou enters and starts wandering the shelves. "Ander, are you here?" He grabs a book and starts reading it as he walks around. The dog starts sniffing around for food, occasionally eating scraps of lizard and other "snacks" it finds in the library.

Lou

Post by Lou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:49 pm

Lou walks over towards the card catalog and leans against it. The catalog leans with him due to his weight. Lou turns around to ensure everything is fine.

"Weird" he mutters to himself as he turns back around.

Ander

Post by Ander » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 pm

DING!!!

Several minutes later a loud sound reverberates through the library causing dust to settle to the floor, having been shaken loose from the book jackets and shelves.

"Oh, hey Lou, it's been a while." says a voice behind the mechanical visitor. "At least somebody around here has the manners to show a little patience instead of throwing the collection around like a cliché in a china shop."

Lou

Post by Lou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:25 pm

"Hey Ander, I heard you were dead, you look good."

Lou pauses as a second.

"I got your 'hat', thanks for that."

Ander

Post by Ander » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 pm

"I heard that too. Repeatedly. Over an extended period of time. That was ages ago though and mostly from that mouthy little calcium deposit. Oh, you must be talking about... er... yeah. Him. Anyway, what hat?"

Lou

Post by Lou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:44 pm

"You mean to tell me that the pile of salvage in the shape of a pointed hat for the exact value you owed me wasn't your work?"

Ander

Post by Ander » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:49 pm

"It was piled in the shape of a hat? Classy. I just asked the little blue buggers to deliver it. I really must give them a pay bump for style. Also I should probably find out if they actually get payed."

Lou

Post by Lou » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:00 pm

"Ok. Well, I didn't have any specific thing to discuss. This was more of a 'Is Ander alive?' check. Well, for what counts as 'alive' for you."

Lou puts the book back where he got it from.

"I suppose I should check that you are happy and not being held against your will."

Ander

Post by Ander » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:06 pm

"Against my will? No more than usual. Certainly a few restrictions I'm less than entirely pleased with but I suppose that's just part and parcel with the whole 'ethereal aspect of an abstract concept' gig. And considering I have unhindered access to the collective written works of the entirety of reality... yeah, I'd have to say I'm generally pretty satisfied with the whole arrangement. How've you been? Still made of metal I see. That's good."