Additional Use of Crafting Buys

Not open... yet
User avatar
jazzman831
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Re: Additional Use of Crafting Buys

Post by jazzman831 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 am

wormyxl wrote:Does wastelands still have the "mid event crafting rush" that it used to?
Now that there's an incentive for doing all crafting before the game (+50% effort? I'm not a crafter so someone correct me if I'm wrong), mid-game crafting is a ghost town.
wormyxl wrote:Annalyse, is it possible to stack these items? Can I use 3 Battle Hardenings to ignore the next 3 non-direct damage? Can I have a battle hardening, environmental buffer, and grounding wire at the same time?
I'm not Annalyse, but I don't see any problem stacking them. The OP says "Multiple 'buys' of skills could be used separately or joined together. For instance, two buys of Barbed Needle could let you do 4 normal with your next injection, or you could deal 2 normal with your next 2 injections."
-Jebediah the Proud

User avatar
AnnalyseTaenarys
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Re: Additional Use of Crafting Buys

Post by AnnalyseTaenarys » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:08 am

wormyxl wrote:Does wastelands still have the "mid event crafting rush" that it used to?
I'm pretty sure most of us craft everything at the start. I've not seen any mid-event crafting in my few games.

wormyxl wrote: Annalyse, is it possible to stack these items? Can I use 3 Battle Hardenings to ignore the next 3 non-direct damage? Can I have a battle hardening, environmental buffer, and grounding wire at the same time?
I personally don't like the idea of stacking the items on a single scenario, but I'm open to it if others do. I can understand using 3 separate Battle Hardenings on 3 separate attacks because it makes sense to me that you would hold up a shield of some sort that buffers the blow, then you toss it aside and hold up the next.

You could have all the items that you made and be able to use separate ones on scenarios. Again, in my mind, it ultimately comes down to being able to explain in IG to me. (i.e., I configured the grounding wire to connect to the battle hardening shield in order to do such and such.

So I guess my answer is....maybe? :P Sorry, not very definitive, but I tend to talk out loud as I formulate, in case you haven't gotten that by now.

User avatar
jazzman831
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Re: Additional Use of Crafting Buys

Post by jazzman831 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 am

AnnalyseTaenarys wrote:I personally don't like the idea of stacking the items on a single scenario, but I'm open to it if others do. I can understand using 3 separate Battle Hardenings on 3 separate attacks because it makes sense to me that you would hold up a shield of some sort that buffers the blow, then you toss it aside and hold up the next.
I imagine using 3 Battle Hardenings at once as making your shield or armor or whatever 3 times better/bigger/stronger/whatever.
-Jebediah the Proud

User avatar
AnnalyseTaenarys
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Re: Additional Use of Crafting Buys

Post by AnnalyseTaenarys » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:30 am

That would work, I guess. :)

Plot
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:40 am

Re: Additional Use of Crafting Buys

Post by Plot » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:24 pm

jazzman831 wrote:
wormyxl wrote:Does wastelands still have the "mid event crafting rush" that it used to?
Now that there's an incentive for doing all crafting before the game (+50% effort? I'm not a crafter so someone correct me if I'm wrong),
The incentive bonus Effort is +0.125% or 1 effort per buy of each crafting skill or 9 effort per buy instead of 8 when doing a full weekends crafting up front.


To be clear, it became an incentive to reduce dinner downtime on Saturday.

User avatar
jazzman831
Posts: 557
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Re: Additional Use of Crafting Buys

Post by jazzman831 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:28 pm

Yeah I thought mine seemed high. Told you I wasn't a crafter!
-Jebediah the Proud

Locked