Minor text fixes - Bonus thread

Not open... yet
Jay Belarpin

Minor text fixes - Bonus thread

Post by Jay Belarpin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:39 pm

You've poured over the rulebook time and time again. You've probably found typos, grammatical errors, poor and confusing wording, and even rule contradictions.

You find them, you post them here. This thread doesn't lock until rules discussion 2018 and we'll post when things here are fixed on the facebook/webiste version of the rulebook.
As all of this happened, Bill poured a drink.

Ander

Re: Minor text fixes - Bonus thread

Post by Ander » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Suggested change: Page 68: Change "Duct-tape W's" to "Masking Tape, Chalk or other non-damaging visible mark in the shape of a 'W'"

Reasoning: Given that we do not usually own the places we are playing, we have generally avoided duct tape for indicating the presence of a ward due to the unpleasant residue which is quite difficult to remove without damaging the door. Updating the Warding description in the rulebook to reflect this would probably be a good idea.

p.s. FIRST!!!!!!1!11!!11111eleventyone

Plot

Post by Plot » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Ander wrote:Suggested change: Page 68: Change "Duct-tape W's" to "Masking Tape, Chalk or other non-damaging visible mark in the shape of a 'W'"

Reasoning: Given that we do not usually own the places we are playing, we have generally avoided duct tape for indicating the presence of a ward due to the unpleasant residue which is quite difficult to remove without damaging the door. Updating the Warding description in the rulebook to reflect this would probably be a good idea.

p.s. FIRST!!!!!!1!11!!11111eleventyone
Agreed

jazzman831

Post by jazzman831 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:53 am

This qualifies as a super duper extra pointlessly minor text fix, but in the Healing Hands description the example says "If a surgeon without healing hands were to operate on him..." where it should be "If a surgeon without Healing Hands were to operate on him..."
-Jebediah the Proud

Drakkon

Post by Drakkon » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:54 am

There are countless spelling errors in the rule book. Would take too long to list them all. The best option would be to copy the rule book into word and then have at it.
Heh, Amature.

Ander

Post by Ander » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Drakkon wrote:There are countless spelling errors in the rule book. Would take too long to list them all. The best option would be to copy the rule book into word and then have at it.
Sounds good, let us know when you're done :)

Jay Belarpin

Post by Jay Belarpin » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Ander wrote:
Drakkon wrote:There are countless spelling errors in the rule book. Would take too long to list them all. The best option would be to copy the rule book into word and then have at it.
Completed August 2016. Neight just hasn't updated to that version of the book (final edits and all that). I'll be adding this rules discussion set to the book and sending it to him again for finalization.
As all of this happened, Bill poured a drink.

Ander

Post by Ander » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Jay Belarpin wrote:
Ander wrote:
Completed August 2016. Neight just hasn't updated to that version of the book (final edits and all that). I'll be adding this rules discussion set to the book and sending it to him again for finalization.
I was (mostly) joking, but awesome, thanks!

jazzman831

Post by jazzman831 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Pages 70-71 of the pdf (page 64-65 by "actual" page) state, under the "Spell" heading: "Most spells are represented with tiny cloth bags of birdseed called spell packets. There are instructions on how to make spell packets in the Props chapter." However, there is no props chapter (though I think one would be awesome someday).

Pages 42 and 55 of the pdf (not sure what the actual page is) state, under "Adrenaline Rush" and "Heroic Endurance": "If you are a magician, you gain an additional benefit from this skill. If you use Adrenaline Rush/Heroic Action, then your spellcasting is not interrupted by bullet or explosion damage." Two things wrong with this: first of all, it should be Heroic Endurance, not Heroic Action. Secondly, I can't for the life of me find any rules that cover interrupting spellcasting. I'm guessing they've were removed at some point, since I've never seen it in practice or even known about it until now.
-Jebediah the Proud

Ander

Post by Ander » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:06 pm

jazzman831 wrote:Secondly, I can't for the life of me find any rules that cover interrupting spellcasting. I'm guessing they've were removed at some point, since I've never seen it in practice or even known about it until now.
Well, it is sort of covered implicitly by the description of ballistic shock/stun as the stun effect would interrupt a spellcast, or any other skill, by its very nature. But by that same token, calling it an "additional benefit" is not really accurate as it is just the same benefit as applied to a class specific skill.